Saturday, May 2, 2009

Friday Night Video

Just one day late. I'm getting better.

As too many of you already know, I have this weird affinity for Rick Springfield and his entire body of work. I could try explaining it, but I won't. We all have our demons to deal with. I will say, however, that he's highly underrated as a musician and that especially includes his first significant gig as guitarist for the Australian rock band The Zoot. The Zoot was only around for three years before breaking up, but it was a talented group with a great sound. Rick went on to pop star fame while guitarist Beeb Birtles became a founding member of Little River Band.

Below is their outstanding cover of Eleanor Rigby by The Beatles. If you can get past the lead singer eye raping you, this cover rocks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home