Thursday, June 11, 2009

Bear necessities.

I got a call at work today from the father of one of my many frenemies. This particular frenemie is currently in the middle of a five-month-long hike somewhere along the west coast. He's usually out of contact for a week or two at a time, only popping his head up every so often to check with me if the Texas Rangers are still in first place (they are). His father, however, has never called me...not in the 20+ years I've known his son. For that matter, I'm not even sure how he had my work number in the first place! When I was told who was waiting on the phone for me, my only thought was that his son had been eaten by a bear. It made perfect sense at the time.

His son was not eaten by a bear.

Another good story ruined.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home