Friday, May 22, 2009

Friday Night Video

Confession time---

Lately, especially in the wee hours of the morning when I'm anxious and can't fall asleep, I've found myself drifting back to a certain musician via YouTube whom I know isn't "cool" to listen to according to all the hip kids these days. He's no MGMT or Andrew Bird or whatever the hell I'm supposed to be listening to. He's not even cool in an ironic sort of way. He's just a 59-year-old has-been pop star/soap star. Except the dude still knows how to put together a catchy hook and I'm not ashamed to admit that I like it.

Okay. I'm ashamed.

But here, share the shame. Feel dirty in the morning, but enjoy the sugary goodness of a 2008 badly lip-synched pop song which recaptures some of the sugary goodness of a 1984-type pop song...unless you're "too good" for it, you elitist snob, you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home