Thursday, November 12, 2009

You Betcha! (early edition)

With a rare Thursday night game kicking off in about 15 minutes, I figured I'd get the one pick up and posted---rest of the picks to follow this weekend.

The Bears are a 3.5 point underdog on the road against the 49'ers. Take the Bears, but keep that money in your wallet. There's no telling what's going to happen. Chicago's defense is a disaster and San Fran's offense is on the rise with a healthy Frank Gore and fresh-armed Alex Smith behind center...thus the 49'ers being considered the favorite. Even so, the Bears are 4-4 and facing a must-win game to keep their playoffs realistically alive. I predict we'll see Jay Cutler come up big tonight, slinging the ball around for 300+ yards and 3 TDs...which should get the job done. Just don't bet on it. I'm not.

Update (11/13): Just like I said he would...Cutler threw for over 300 yards. Um, but he also had ZERO TDs and a career high 5 INTs, and the Bears didn't actually beat the spread (by 1/2 a point). So...not the best start to my prognosticating this week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home