Thursday, August 20, 2009

Avatar Trailer is Here! Meh.

Update: Looks like the YouTube version has been taken down due to a copyright violation. The trailer can still be seen at Apple.com, however: http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox/avatar/index.html

I suspect the 3-D aspect is what will really make this movie sing, but the preview doesn't look all that special to me. It reminds me of the Star Wars prequels. This is not a good thing. For all the talk about the film's new technology and its ability to finally cross the chasm separating real characters from digital ones, there is NOTHING in this trailer which suggests that to be the case. It looks entertaining, and I'm sure it will have some thrilling sequences, but consider my expectations greatly diminished.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home