Saturday, November 1, 2008

30 Movies, 30 Days, 30 Words

November is National Novel Writing Month, a literary gimmick in which you're supposed to sit down and shit out 50,000 words over the next 30 days. While I'm all in favor of this and even know a few people who will attempt this massive undertaking, I will not be joining them. The project seems...what's the word? Ah, yes. Ambitious. It's far too ambitious for me. But, since I'm all in favor of gimmicks, I hereby announce my November surprise. Beginning today, November 1st, I will watch 30 movies in 30 days. That is exactly how ambitious I am. I am ambitious enough to passively rest on my futon while images wash over me one after another. My rules are simple. Each movie must be one I have not seen before, and each movie watched will require a limited review(to be posted here) consisting of exactly 30 words---no more, and no less. Failure is not an option. There is no try, only do. And by "do" I mean do very little except swap out DVDs. I can do this. I really can.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home